Thursday, 14 May 2015

Good News


Hello everyone, apologies for being soo long with another post. It's all been rather frantic over here. But in the best possible way. Rest assured I've not been wasting my time and I have some wonderful news to share with you all.

As you'll know I have been working on a middle grade fantasy adventure book called The Apprentice Witches' HandbookI and I'm really excited to say that it has been bought by Chicken House and will be published in the (hopefully) not too distant future!

It's so exciting, wonderful and mildly terrifying all at the same time, but is totally a dream come true!

I have always loved stories, however they present themselves, through music, film and of course through beautiful, enchanting books!! I’ve spent almost twenty years (I started very young indeed!) working in bookshops and libraries surrounded and influenced by all those stories and great storytellers. Whilst my own tales buzzed around in my head, although a few even managed to make it onto paper once or twice. 

But now they have broken free and with the help, support and encouragement of some fantastic people, most especially the fabulous Golden Egg Academy Team lead by Mother Goose, Imogen Cooper and my awesome agent Kate Shaw, something that felt like a far off dream is one step closer to coming true! 
smile emoticon


It's very exciting and an honour to now be working with the splendid team at Chicken House, especially brilliant Barry Cunningham. I can’t wait to see where Arianwyn goes next!


So here is a little bit about the book,The Apprentice Witches' Handbook:

With everything stacked against her, apprentice witch Arianwyn Gribble must overcome a shaky start to achieve her true potential...

In the Four Kingdoms, witches use a set of five magical symbols, called glyphs, to control the natural flow of magic in the world. But Arianwyn Gribble, a young apprentice witch, has seen a sixth glyph for as long as she can remember, a glyph that has always heralded trouble and darkness, like the death of her mother.

At her crucial evaluation test Arianwyn is distracted by the glyph and fails. spectacularly, much to the delight of Gimma Alverston, Arianwyn’s fellow apprentice and arch-rival. Packed off to the the obscure town of Lull with only The Apprentice Witches’ Handbook and an odd assortment of new friends to help her things get off to a very shaky start.

Meanwhile, something is very wrong in the Great Wood of Lull, rampant with spirits and wild pockets of magic and a dark uncontrollable spell that – endangers the whole town… Will Arianwyn be able to face her fears and save Lull before it's too late?
So its all real, I do keep pinching myself! I'm busy editing at the moment and I'll be sharing more news and updates here as things progress! Stay tuned! 


James 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds cool! Congratulations. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete